Re: ASUS EEEPC emacspeak is working

Hi Folks,

Yesterday I got my hands on a 4gig Asus eeepc.  I put eeexubuntu on
it.  The install was done with a cd drive connected by usb.

After I followed the instructions at
http://wiki.eeeuser.com/ubuntu:eeexubuntu:customization
wireless and hibernate work fine.  I still need to make is so I can
close the lid and it will not shut off.

Back to the install, I removed bunch of stuff I did not want, put in
emacs22, and all the items needed to build linux-outloud and
linux-espeak. I built emacspeak 27 from source.  Espeak went in easy,
outloud took its usual tweaking to get the various libraries seen.

Basicly, it's the same as putting emacspeak it on any other ubuntu
based box with the exception that sound does not come right up the
first time.  The wiki instructions get you through that, but if your
expecting to do an install using speech, that could be a major hassle.

Anyway, it's been a long day and I need to crash, but I wanted to let
the list know that it does work (so far).

First thing in the morning I need to rebind the up arrow, it is next
to the shift key and if I use the eeepc's keyboard I keep hitting up
arrow and loosing my partialy typed command.

I will be traveling with it over the next week.  I'll post a follow up
next week about any problems with emacspeak on it then.

-Greg

--

 Greg Priest-Dorman
 priestdo@xxxxxxxxxxx