Re: Pronunciation in emacs-w3m mode

Hello Lucas,

emacs-version gives:

GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) of 2008-05-03 on terranova, modified by Ubuntu

I have the ubuntu package unicode-data installed, the description of
which gives:

 This package contains the property data, for the Unicode
 data set.

c-h v doesn't recognise the variable you mentioned,
describe-char-unicodedata-file.
I'm afraid the patch you sent didn't help either, even though
tts-strip-octals is enabled.

Yes, when I say emacspeak-27.0 read your test file perfectly, I meant
read it without unwanted question-marks, not that it read
'square-root'.

I clearly have only a limited understanding of what's going on, and am
very happy to dig around in the docs until a bit of light dawns,
especially since I can use emacspeak-27 without problems.
Converseley, if it is a problem which you want to iron out because it
concerns an area of development you've been involved with, I am happy
to keep reporting back and working on it.  I do appreciate the help
you have given.

Best regards,

Rob