character echo and english-dvorak

Hi list,
I found a curious little bug today involving character echo and Emacs'
english-dvorak input method.  If you disable character echo, Emacspeak
not only continues to echo characters, but it also echoes the wrong
ones.  Here are the steps needed to reproduce it.

; Select english-dvorak as input method.
1. C-x ret C-\ english-dvorak
2. Type for a bit, while character echo is enabled.
You'll hear that letters are echoed properly.  I.E., character echo
reflects the fact that you are using the Dvorak layout.
3. Next, disable character echo (C-e d k).
4. Start typing again.
Emacspeak is still echoing characters, and it is echoing as
though you were typing in qwerty.  For instance, if you press the first
four keys of the home row, Emacspeak says a s d f, even though the
buffer now contains a o e u.

Regards,
-- Chris