Re: New to Emacspeak and Emacs

As far as using it stand-alone or with speakup, espeak works fine with
my Lenny testing environment.  I just started using Debian this past
week and as I learn the package framework and what to include and all,
at least espeak came up talking fine when I installed it; as did
speech dispatcher.  So I think the package is ok.  Dunno about
emacspeak in particular though.