Re: Emacs 23: next-line and previous-line

Essentially, the difference is that when a long line wraps, the cursor
won't just jump to the next 'real' line when you move down. Instead, it
will move to the second wrapped section of the line you were already
on. The downside from an emacspeak perspective is that the whole line gets
read again. . The old behavior would have been for emacs to move to the
second real line regardless of how many wrapped lines the first line
created.

To answer your specific question, if the line does not wrap, there is no
issue. whether th eline wraps depends on how wide your display is. So, as
long as your display is wider than 80 characters, you won't notice anything
for lines up to 80 characters long.

My experienced has been that some mail messages can be an issue as some
mailers don't put hard line breaks. Essentially, the message is just one
long line. Depending on your mail client and its configuration, you can run
into issues, but easily fixed as pointed out by Raman.

Tim

Steve Holmes writes:

tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx

There are two types of people in IT - those who do not manage what they
understand and those who do not understand what they manage.