Re: Setting some Defaults

Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> What am I doing wrong here?  I will paste in the relevant part of my
> .emacs to show you what I've hacked up so far.
> ----- .emacs -----
> (add-hook 'dtk-startup-hook '(lambda ()
> 			      (dtk-toggle-split-caps 4)
> 			      (dtk-set-default-speech-rate "9")))

Someone else can tell you why this does not work but I can tell you what
will.  Calling the function in this way:

(dtk-toggle-split-caps 1)

on a line by itself in your .emacs file will set this globally.  As
concerns the default speech rate, I can't comment on this specific
line.  I don't have this loaded so I cannot tell you about the
function.  However, I do have this in my .emacs from my use of flite:

(add-hook  'dtk-startup-hook
         (function (lambda ()
                     (dtk-set-rate 350)
;;;;;add other personal settings here
                     )))

The things I notice are the addition of function before the call to
lambda and the lack of quoting for dtk-set-rate.  It has been a long
time since I've used this particular code, though.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                     robdcraw@xxxxxxxxxxx

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
		-- Aleister Crowley