Emacspeak with gmail

You're correct in that using the glogin.xml in emacspeak ends up
not logging in successfully. On the positive side,
the login page you get from Google no longer defeats emacs/W.

Just invoke the URL  template "gmail inbox" and if not signed in,
it'll get you a login page first.

Note: after you sign in, re-invoke URL  template "gmail inbox"