Re: emacspeak espeak make problem

I'm not aware of any problems/incompatibilities with tcl8.5, but I do seem to
remember seeing a post to the list a while back regarding someone looking into
this, but don't remember seeing any issues raised.

Note that you will need to modify the linux-espeak Makefile and change the line
which sets the tcl version from 8.4 to 8.5. This should at least allow you to
build the shared library. Whether it works or has some incompatibility issues,
I don't know. However, probably easier to try 8.5 first before downgrading your
system to 8.4

In general, you don't tend to see major incompatibilities with minor version
upgrades i.e. 8.4 to 8.5. We did experience some problems with the 8.3 to 8.4
switch because tclx8.5 removed the inclusion of the 'tcl' shell. This required
some changes, which Raman added, to how the tclx library is loaded and to allow
the scripts to use the tclsh shell that is included with the standard tcl
package. Therefore, I think there is a very good chance tcl8.5 w2ill work fine.

Tim

 Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote ...