Re: emacspeak and w3

Yes, ELPA is part of emacs 24. The 'default' GNU repository is fairly small as
it can only contain packages which are GPL'd and for which the authors have
assigned copyright etc over to the FSF etc (just like contributed code in
emacs). However, it is trivial to add additional repositories, though I'm not
sure how package conflicts are handled in this case i.e. two repositories have
the same package).

I find it a very useful way to try out new packages, though I still prefer to
build my key packages, such as w3m, w3, VM and mew from sources.

Tim

Jason White writes:
 > David Tseng <davidtseng@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > > Incidentally, after building w3 and w3m from source in the past, I now
 > > take the easy way out by using ELPA. It's worth a look for discovering
 > > and quickly trying out packages you may not have previously stumbled
 > > upon.
 >
 > It's very useful and works well with Emacspeak. I might be mistaken, but I
 > think I read that it is included in Emacs 24, which is nearing release.

Information Technology
University of New England
 Phone: +61 2 6773 3210
Mobile: 0428 212217
   Fax: +61 2 6773 3424
E-Mail: tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx
   Web: http://www.une.edu.au/itd
---

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a
touch of genius (and a lot of courage) to move in the opposite direction.
                                                           âAlbert Einstein