Re: Small patch to make speaking time responsive

Glad it works.

Here is a breif explanation for why the table browsing was
displaying the behavior  you reported:

I was using emacs' message to echo what was being spoken by
emacspeak to the echo area --- as a possible aid for users with
print disabilities when dealing with complex content. Yesterday I
got rid of the message call and did a simple dtk-speak; that lost
the visual display.  I just checked in another change that now
displays   what is spoken -- see function dtk-speak-and-echo