Re: [EMACSPEAK The Complete Audio Desktop] Searching GMail Using IMap And GNUS

I might give vm or gnus another spin pretty soon. I have been
concerned about using non-standard ports like gmail uses and also the
use of PGP or SMIME encryption. Can all this be done with vm and gnus?
When I mean non-standard ports, I actually mean gmail compatibility;
it uses ports 993 and 587 for inbound and outbound respectively. I
also didn't recall gnus supportint ssl. I could be totally wrong here
about gnus and vm but don't have all the right parameters either. If I
can do all that with these mail clients, it will be fun to give them a
try.

Presently I use mutt and integrate emacs as its message editor.

Any clarification?