Speech for stumpwm

Hello list,

I'm exploring stumpwm and liking it, but have been unable to get any
speech as yet from stumpwm itself via the emacspeak speech server.

Stumpwm itself appears to work properly, as far as I can tell.

I'm using emacspeak from SVN, with the stumpwm/tts.lisp file modified
to fit my own path to emacspeak and the tts engine I use, namely
outloud.

I'm using debian testing, and stumpwm version
1:20110819.gitca08e08-2.1 from the debian package.

I really don't know where to go from here, and any help would be
appreciated.

Rob