Emacspeak and ESS (Emacs Speaks Statistics)

Hello,

I've just installed Emacspeak on a Mac (GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1, Emacspeak 40, OSX Mavericks). Emacs crashes on start-up whether I load ess-site.el before or after loading Emacspeak. Has anyone else had this problem and tracked it down? I haven't found any discussions online or instructions for configuring Emacspeak and ESS together.

Thanks,

Liz
--
Liz Hare PhD