Re: using different language of eSpeak speech server

Yes, I believe the problem is in the Espeak server. Language
switching from Emacspeak using C-e d N/P works with the
linux_outloud server --- to investigate further:

1. Run the espeak server in a shell buffer.
emacspeak/servers/espeak

2. run TCL command
set_next_lang 1

That should switch to the next language --  I just tested it and
it says English on my machine -- which indicates that the
servers/linux-espeak implementation  is not picking up the
installed languages --
on my machine espeak --voices shows all the languages that are
available.

I suspect the espeak API changed since the linux-espeak server
was implemented many, many years ago, and that server has not
seen any changes in a long time.