Re: Speech synth's, emacspeak, and Hal 95

Hi, I've used both dectalk express and doubletalk synthesizers.
The only tangible difference is that you get more voices with dectalk
products
than are available with doubletalk products.  The doubletalk has one basic
voice that can be adjusted in terms of
pitch tone and speed.  The dectalk express and other dectalk products have
9 voices some
of them female.  Some of the female voices in my opinion have such
poor quality that they only waste space on those dectalk chips.
dectalk express synthesizers are equipped with features like being able to
play wav files
over the speaker given the software but accessing those features is next
impossible even with the documentation provided.

Jude <dashiell@xxxxxxxxxxx>