view-process-mode

I have been trying to get the above package to work, with little success. I've tried adding the lines from the installation instructions into my .emacs, and moved the .el files into my search path. When I evaluate the buffer with my .emacs file loaded, I see nothing about view-process-mode in my message buffer, and none of its commands are on my completion lists.
If anyone has been successful with this package, a snippet of a working .emacs would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.