[tpo2@xxxxxxxxxxx: emacspeak <-> festival <-> mbrola]

I am forwarding this to the list, please reply to sender not to
priestdo... -Greg

---- Begin included message ----
We are trying to get up a Speech-system based on a simple Soundcard
(SB16).

Festival has a "diphone" interface and a text interface - you can
feed in text and get phonemes which you can direct into a wave
generator.

We've compared mbrola and festival phoneme/text to speech quality and
found mbrola be superior.

Emacsspeak provides in contrast to festival a better Emacs
interface/interpreter.

To be able to have a nice speech output out of Emacs we (probably?) need
to combine the three tools. We need to find out how we can interface
either festival(text-interface) or directly mbrola(phoneme-interface) to
emacsspeak.

- What does emacsspeak exactly generate?
- How and through which functions can emacsspeak be interfaced?
- Has anybody tried to interface emacsspeak with a soundcard or mbrola or
  festival and provide us with some hints?

Thans in advance ;-)

Oli, *t

             Tomas Pospisek - Freelance: Linuxing, Networking
                      http://spin.ch/~tpo/freelance
         www.SPIN.ch - Internet Services in Graubuenden/Switzerland