Autospeaking buffers

In Emacspeak, what causes certain buffers (such as the 'shell' buffer to automagically speak new text?  I'd like some other buffers to behave similarly, and need to know how it can be done.

E.G. The telnet buffer is similar to the Shell buffer (yes, I know you can run Telnet from Term).  I thought some minor mode to do the voicing may be linked to the major mode for Shell, but in Telnet, the only active minor mode is Voice, which is also the only active minor mode in Shell.

I checked advise for Shell, but the only thing that Emacspeak seems to do is to announce the new mode.

Thanks

--
Bryan R. Smart
E-Mail: bsmart@xxxxxxxxxxx