Re: Website that crashes w3 anyone else see this?

For W3 bugs use W3's bug reporting capability --hit "w" in a
W3 buffer.

Please try the following:
set variable w3-display-frames to 'as-links

--do
(setq w3-display-frames '-as-links)

then open your crasher document,
and follow the link to each frame to see what happens.

Note: Emacs does crash from time to time --though in general
this is very very rare and getting rarer with newer
emacsuns.

Sometimes if you hit a C-g when emacs is busy garbage
collecting, you can either get a crash
or find emacs suspending itself --in the latter case
hitting "fg" at the shell
and answering
"y" to the question "resume ..."
will get your emacs session back.

(Note: the above prompts of course will not be spoken by emacspeak)

Jason White writes:
 > I have just encountered this problem when reading a CD-ROM that contained
 > an HTML document, which includes frames. Each frame is displayed by W3 as
 > a separate Emacs window. When switching between frames, Emacs crashes
 > completely and the system returns to the shell prompt. I have been told
 > that a "fatal error" is briefly displayed on screen.
 >
 > My setup:
 >
 > Emacs 20.2 for Linux/I386, the version that requires X libraries;
 > Emacspeak 8.0; W3 4.0 beta 23; DECTALK Express speech synthesizer.
 >
 > Question: to whom should I report this problem?
 >
 > I am reluctant to try Emacs 20.3 at this point due to the reported problem
 > with AucTeX mode.
 >
 > Regards,
 >
 > Jason.

      Adobe Systems                 Tel: 1 (408) 536 3945   (W14-612)
      Advanced Technology Group     Fax: 1 (408) 537 4042
      (W14 129) 345 Park Avenue     Email: raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      San Jose , CA 95110 -2704     Email:  raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      http://labrador.corp.adobe.com/~raman/        (Adobe Intranet)
      http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.html    (Cornell)