tcl under Solaris

Hadi Bargi Rangin writes:
dectalk_speak has been renamed to tts_speak in emacspeak 7.0
and later
 > Hello,
 >
 > I am trying to run emacspeak-8.0 on a SUNOS 5.6. I downloaded
 > emacspeak from Raman's home page.
 >
 > Installing emacspeak:
 >
 > `make config' and `make emacspeak' were OK, however, `make install'
 > failed. Replacing the GNU `install' and `make' programs with the default
 > programs solved this problem.
 >
 > Installing tcl:
 >
 > 1. Tcl/Tk 8.0p2 (that's for patch level 2)
 >
 > 2. TclX 8.0.2 (according to the documentation, this is the version of TclX
 >    that is supposed to be used with Tcl/Tk 8.0p2)
 >
 > Above packages have been installed successfully.
 >

 > Testing tcl with Dectalk driver (dtk-exp):
 >
 > Environment vars are set to right values:
 > setenv DTK_PROGRAM "dtk-exp"
 > setenv DTK_PORT "/dev/ttyb"
 >
 > >From inside the emacspeak directory
 > (/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/) I run:
 > tcl dtk-exp
 >
 > The percent prompt (%) appears and Dectalk speaks and says the usual
 > greeting. Now here's the problem:
 >
 > When I type, nothing appears on the screen.
 > The test command suggested by Raman in the emacspeak's Makefile
 > dectalk_speak {this is a test. }
 > results in
 > Error: invalid command name "dectalk_speak"
 > and the tcl prompt moves to middle of the screen.
 >
 > I tested tcl with dtk-exp from emacspeak-6.0. The result
 > is interesting. I get the tcl prompt and dectalk speaks and says
 > the greeting but when I type
 > dectalk_speak {test. }
 > it reads the text inside the brases and doesn't complain about invalid
 > command. Still the command doesn't show up on the screen.
 >
 > Here more information about the system:
 >
 > uname: SunOS 5.6 Generic i86pc i386 i86pc
 > emacs: emacs-20.2 (not installed locally; it is installed on one of
 >        the servers in our LAN)
 >
 > I really appreciate any help.
 >
 > I have also a question regarding the w3 package:
 > What's the latest stable version of w3 and where I can download it?
 >
 > Thank you very much.
 >
 > Regards,
 > Hadi

      Adobe Systems                 Tel: 1 (408) 536 3945   (W14-612)
      Advanced Technology Group     Fax: 1 (408) 537 4042
      (W14 129) 345 Park Avenue     Email: raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      San Jose , CA 95110 -2704     Email:  raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      http://labrador.corp.adobe.com/~raman/        (Adobe Intranet)
      http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.html    (Cornell)