more questions

Hi all,

I have more questions, prompted by some things my friends asked me.

What about applications?  I can see, and so can my friend that Emacspeak
will work well for email and web, but what about other applications?  For
example, can you run pine?  Can you run other applications that are for
Linux?  Do you have to stick to those applications that are within the
package?  Like a mailer, I have used Pine for years on shell accounts and
would like to continue doing so.  If Emacspeak will not allow me to do
this, I'll have to learn a new mailer.  this isn't a problem except that it
is inconvenient.

thanks for the clarification, guys.

Ann P.