Re: repeated space call

Hi All,

I have the same combination except I'm using the Dectalk
Internal PC II card.
The driver installed fine. The Driver is
dectalk.pc-0.92.tgz
The demo runs OK including the typeing demo.
In emacspeak I get the spaces said after each letter typed.

According to the faq this happens if you don't have the
latest firmware files.
I checked and do have the newest ones.  Dectalk PC2 V4.2

Running RH 5.2
166 Mhz intel PC
EmacSpeak 9

Any help appreciated.
Ron

Urvashi Shah wrote:

> we have emacs 19.34.1 and emacsspeak-9.0.
> There is a Dectalk-express attached to Sun Sparc running Solaris2.6.
> Emacsspeak calls the space between the character or word repeatedly for
> one space. How can you stop to call space, space, space..after every character
> or word.
>

> Urvashi Shah
> System Manager
> Email: shah@xxxxxxxxxxx