backspace problem with dectalk express

Jason> When I am using emacspeak, my backspace key does not silence
Jason> the speech...

You will have to excuse me, I have remaped so many things that I was
unaware that the backspace key was suposed to silence the speech.

Please try the following:

see what emacspeak thinks the backspace key is suposed to do by
pressing C-h c BACKSPACE

if it thinks is it suposed to silence the speech but it is  not doing
that, that is one set of problems.  If it is not bound to a function
that silences speech, then you can rebind it if you like.

Let us know,

Greg
--
 Greg Priest-Dorman