From: buchal@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Option list in W3
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 10:14:31 +0200

Hello,

I've had following problem in W3:

if there is an Option list on the page, after you press Enter it
offers selecting my choice by Tab.

But if I select one of the options and then submit the form,
the aplication replies, that there's no record in the
database matching my query (the option list I choose from is
generated by the same aplication from the same data). So it's
propably a bug in Emacspeak. In other browser or in W3 without
Emacspeak it works correctly.=20

I checked the source (file css.el), and I found following lines:=20

     (if (featurep 'emacspeak)
 	(setq types (cons 'speech types))
       (if (eq type 'tty)
 	  (setq types (cons 'tty types))))
     (cond ....
=20
I changed the condition about Emacspeak this way:

     (if (featurep 'emacspeak)
 	(setq types (cons 'tty types))

Then the Option list started to work the way it should. And more
- there are now brackets at the begining and at the end of links
and Text fields, which I think is very useful, especially when
you use also the braille display. It is then imediately clear,
what's link and what's not.

I know, this is not a system solution, but in this situation and
with my lisp knowledge it's maximum I could do. Do you know about
some other solution existing at this time?=20

Best regards.
--=20

Jan Buchal
Brailcom, o.p.s.
Vy=B9ehradsk=E1 3/255
128 00 Praha 2
Tel/fax: 420-2-299151
Mobil: 0603 412256
E-mail buchal@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.brailcom.cz
http://internet.proslepe.cz
http://obzory.brailcom.cz
http://www.freesoft.cz

      Adobe Systems                 Tel: 1 408 536 3945   (W14-128)
      Advanced Technology Group     Fax: 1 408 537 4042
      W14-128 345 Park Avenue     Email: raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      San Jose , CA 95110 -2704     Email:  raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      http://labrador.corp.adobe.com/~raman/        (Adobe Intranet)
      http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/    (Cornell)