Problem with emacspeak Mandrake 6.0 and doubletalkPC

You do not need a sound card to get speech, that is what the
doubletalk does.  I am using a doubletalk myself, so it does work
with emacspeak.

What is "Mandrake"?  (I don't get out much.)  Is this somehting that
could interfere with the doubletalk?   What Operating System are you
running?  What version of the doubletalk driver?  What version of
emacspeak?  We need to know these things in order to help you.

In the mean time, have you tried getting it to talk outside of
emacspeak but with the emacspeak driver?  You do this from inside of
tcl.  Have a look at the Makefile in the emacspeak distribution.  In
it it tells you how to test if your set up is working outside of
emacs.

Once you have it speaking from within tcl you will have come a long
way to both compleating your setup and twoard being able to give us
the kind of information we need in order to help you further (if you
need it at that point).

Check out the Makefile (remember to put in the name of your doubletalk
driver instead of the dectalk driver mentioned in the Makefile) and
let us know how it goes.

Good luck,

Greg

--