Responsiveness and ViaVoice Outloud

You're the second to raise this --
Bart Bunting  posted a similar message to the viavoice dev
list.

I've got emacspeak working with viavoice outloud at
present-- and stop is definitely not a problem --it stops as
quickly as you would expect.

I'd make the same suggestions to you as I did to Bart--

a) make sure you've got the engine in a mode where it
synthesizes as text is added via the ECIAddText call;

b) Make sure in your tests that you are queueing complete
clauses in the AddTexT call

At this point the only place I see some performance
degradation is when speaking individual characters
--with immediate flushing of speech turned on in emacspeak
as you type,
the engine keeps pace to the extent that you can hear about
every alternate letter with character echo turned on.

I did a quick test on Notepad udner JFW on win98 and see
similar behavior.

--Raman

WWW:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
PGP:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc