list abuse?

Hi folks,

For some reason this past week I have gotten a rash of people trying
to unsubscribe from the emacspeak list that were never subscribed in
the first place.  These are not folks who changed their email address,
but rather people who got advertising or some other form of
solicitation that they thought was sent from this list!  So far the
several who have been nice enough to reply to my inquiry have no
longer had the original message so that I could take a look at it and
try and figure out where it is coming from.

The mail is not going through my machine so this is not a really issue.

This upsets me a lot.  I troubles me that scuzzy things like this are
being done in the name of our list.

In the meantime, if any of you have any information on this, or if you
get a message that purports to be from this list but clearly is not
emacspeak related please forward it in its entirety (as much of the
header as you can get) to me.

Thanks,

Greg

--