How to correct the speaking of "octal characters" in Emacspeak?

Hello, listers!
I have searched Emacspeak archive for answers to this questions, but none
search seemed to satisfy my curiosity.
How does one go about telling Emacspeak to pronounce those "octal"
characters by their real names? By "Octal" characters I mean certain
non-printed characters that are presented by Emacspeak, at least with a
DOubleTalk external speech synthesizer, as octal values.
Regards,
Victor