real audio

I'm having difficulty getting real audio.
My sighted friends tell me simply to download real player or
some such program.  However, when I go to sites like
real.com, realplayer.com etc., I find them not to be very
w3 friendly.  In particular, I can't sem to download anything.
Is there a prefereed way to get real audio for emacspeak?
Thanks.

Larry Baggett