Outloud on a IBM Thinkpad 390E

Hello,

I would like to install Outloud, or what ever the software synthsizer from
IBM called is on a IBM Thinkpad 390E. If I am right Emacspeak is compatible
to Outloud. Is for outlout  any driver in addicion to the normel drivers for
the soundcard nesserssary in order to install it?

I would like to get rid of the need to install a hardware synthsizer on a
notebook.

Many thank for your help
Petra