Re: more on 14.0-1 viavoice and rh7.1 on dell latitude

My guess would be your problem is due to low interrupt priority - its
been reported on this list that you can greatly improve the
reliability and responsiveness of viavoice if you increase the
priority of your sound card interupt. There is a tool called irqtune
which can do this (at least it can for 2.2.x kernels, don't know if it
works with 2.4.x kernels or not). I think the fact viavoice works
better at a rate of 75 than 95 supports this hypothesis.

Tim
RAYNER Peter writes:
> I mailed about this yesterday, and TVR thankfully stopped me chasing
> unimportant lisp warnings.  Basically I am having speech stop
> frequently and much more frequently the wrong char read as I arrow
> through a buffer.  It appears to be a speech-rate related problem.
> It seems to be ok at rate 75 but disastrous at 95.  Turning on
> dtk-debug
> and looking at the *speaker* buffer shows lots of
> error: tts internal synth error
> this is handed back from the tcl isn't it?
> So should I start looking around in there to see where the error is
> being generated or is there a more obvious route?
> Yesterday I didn't have my viavoice version handy, it's 5.1-1.2
> thanks again
> Peter

Tim Cross
mailto: tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx