Re: persistent auditory icon player setting

1) Please do not use private email for questions --if I
answer them privately it helps you and no one else.
--see "Asking Questions The Smart Way"--

2) Answering questions like this would be easier if you
specified your environment e.g. what TTS etc rather than
leaving it to me to guess.

My best guess at what is happening here is that you're using
ViaVoice TTS -- in this case, use wave auditory icons only
if your soundcard is multichannel capable.

If it indeed is, customize emacspeak and let it know of this
fact, otherwise emacspeak *will* switch to midi icons
if you're using ViaVoice  TTS --
if you try to use Viavoice TTS and wave auditory icons on a
soundcard that is not multichannel capable the speech will
die a horrible death.

p.s. the bit about aliasing below is a red-herring and not
relevant to your problem.