Re: Adobe Request

Self voicing is a very lousy idea.

Self voicing means that everyone with a proprietary device is oing to
write a proprietary screen reader for that device. That means that we, the
users, must learn a different set of commands for each device.

Recognize, please, that speech access is not just the simple job of
"printing" the contents of a file to a speaker/headphone. You have things
like pause and resume. You need forward and back by word, by line, by
sentence, by character, etc., etc.;

Gosh, if I understand this correctly, you're probably going to want this
self voicing application to support cut and past, too.After all, the
sighted version does.
 On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Thomas Ward wrote:

> Self voicing is a good idea,or at least get them interested in working on
> Acrobat for Linux to be fully accessible with Gnopernicus when it is
> released.

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group