Re: byte-compile emacspeak.el ? was Re: I am completely operational, and all my circuits are functioning perfectly!

Hi, Jonnathan. Here is what byte compiling actually means. Enter the
commands: m-x the system will prompt you for the command. spell out
byte compile file and press return. You will be asked for the file's
name. put in the name of the file you want. It seems, that, in your
situation, the name is emacspeak.el.

How does it work? Emacs lisp is interpreted. a part of emacs looks at
the language and executes it as it reads along. If you byte compile
the file, it is pre-tokenized rather than being tokenized when it is
loaded and after the parser reads it.

What do I mean by tokenized? Look at one of the compiled files on your
system. These are the files which have names ending in a .elc
extension. They look nothing like like lisp at all. Wrong! They do
look just like lisp, but in a machine rather than human-readable
form. This process assists the interpreter in running the programs a
little faster. It is necessary for the correct and efficient
functioning of many lisp programs. This is all byte compilation
involves. Just do this and the program will run faster.

Glad to help.

--
Doug Smith: The Righteousness of GOD,
Son of GOD,