Re: info file round up

   When I installed dismal, one of the things the readme file said had been
   included was an info file for the program.  Unless there are special
   keystrokes necessary to read this info file from within dismal, I can't find
   it in the main info directory.

I installed the sources some time ago and the Info files ended up in
the source directory as

    dismal.info
    dismal.info-1
    dismal.info-2

Perhaps you did not add that source directory to the search path for
Info files, to the variable `Info-directory-list'.

You can find that directory using either the `find' command or the
`locate' command.  either add that directory to the
`Info-directory-list' or else evoke the `info' command in GNU Emacs
with a `universal arg', like this:

    C-u C-h i

The use of `C-u' with the Info command enables you to specify a
particular file, such as `/usr/local/source/dismal/dismal.info', even
if it not in the search path for Info files.

(I infer from what you said that you used a version of the Redhat
Package System to install the package; I do not know anything about
RPMs.  Doubtless, it also put the Info files into its equivalent of a
source directory.)

Incidentally,  I found that dismal was both useful and difficult.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  bob@xxxxxxxxxxx
    Rattlesnake Enterprises             http://www.rattlesnake.com