Re: festival and emacspeak

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 04:34:52PM +0100, jonathan chetwynd wrote:
> some of us move a lot slower, perhaps you could set up a howto explaining
> what you have achieved, pointing to relevant links.
>
> I've been trying to get away from viavoice for ages, but never found a
> guide.
>
> thanks

Ive CC'd to the list as the links may be usefull to others.

You need to get eflite

# http://eflite.sourceforge.net/

and flite

# http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/flite/

flite-1.1-release comes as tar.bz2 7.4M (which I used)
or in tar.gz 11.3M

I guess we all know where to get emacspeak.

Simply unpack the two files somewhere and follow the INSTALL instructions
in the eflite package, be aware that is not necessary to 'make install' flite
as long as you tell Eflite's make where flite is installed.

It is very clearly set out in the INSTALL file .

All I did was edit /etc/emacspeak.conf as instructed and started emacspeak.

It worked fine!

Good luck,plz post results -:))

--