Re: audio cue

Here's what I do at those times when I can't use speakup during the boot process:

1.)	I have edited my /boot/message file to make it a simple text file containing two Ctrl-G to beep the system speaker twice. Do man echo to learn
how to do this.

2.)	I have found a reasonably short wav file that I like and placed it in /boot/boot.wav. At the end of my /etc/rc.local I have the command:

	play /boot/boot.wav

3.)		I have selected another wav file which I copied to /boot/login.wav. In my .bash_profile I issue the command:

	play /boot/login.wav

4.)	Ditto on #3 above for logout.wav

5.)	If you don't yet know, recognize that when you cannot backspace any further at a shell prompt the system speaker will beep. This is a reliable
way to know that you're at the shell prompt with a clean command line.

PS: I hate the default system beep sound, so I change it in my .bashrc as:

	setterm -bfreq 55

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Shaji Mathew wrote:

> Dear friends,
> I'm new with the wonderful Emacspeak, (on Linux Redhat v7.1)
> If I start my computer is their any way that
> I can get an audio cue right till I
> reach Emacspeak? also if I want to connect to
> Internet using the program "wvdial"
> through Emacspeak?
> could you experts suggest me which way is the best.
>
> Thank you,
> Mathew

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development