ocrshop and emacspeak

G'day,

Anyone interested in a wrapper for ocrshop and emacspeak's ocr mode?

It's a bit rough at the moment but works rather well.

The only problem I'm still having and I think from what I understand
of emacspeak-ocr.el that it's a limitation in the way that the
external programs are called is that while the image is being scanned
emacs/emacspeak blocks.

I presume that it's rather hard to implement asynchronous scanning
using some sort of callback?  W3 seems to do it but I haven't figured
out how as yet.

Any pointers in this direction would be appreciated.

Finally, just out of interest, is anyone else using ocr mode?

Bart