Installing Red hat, resources needed

Check the redhat install guide - it use to be possible to force the
installer into text mode - not sure if thats still possible as linux
distributions attempt to become more windows gui like.

Last time  looked (a while back) there was a install disk available at
the speakup site which was customized for a text and speakup install -
it probably only works with an older version of redhat though.

Tim

 Steven> Greetings, Seing as the Slackware distribution doesn't seem
 Steven> to be supported by Emacspeak something which is just as well
 Steven> as I don't have the latest version anyway, I've decided to
 Steven> install Red Hat which finally finished downloading about a
 Steven> half hour ago.  Admittedly, I haven't installed any Linux
 Steven> distribution in a very long time -- the last one being
 Steven> Slackware about, well, a few years ago at any rate.  At that
 Steven> time, I had two choices, either use another computer
 Steven> connected via a serial cable as a dumb terminal and run a
 Steven> setup.tty script, or attempt to use a Speakup kernel which,
 Steven> back then, was still alpha.  Is there a text-based way to
 Steven> install Red hat version 8?  Since I do have a Doubletalk LT
 Steven> synthesizer, would it be more prudent to attempt to use
 Steven> Speakup assuming a boot disk for Red hat can be found?

 Steven> I realize that this question is off topic, but am hoping that
 Steven> someone might respond privately, if only to send me in the
 Steven> right direction.  Altimately, after I get Red hat up and
 Steven> running, I really want to start learning about Emacspeak.

 Steven> I really apreciate any info/assistance anyone might be able
 Steven> to offer and appologize for being a bit off topic.

 Steven> Steve

 Steven> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address
 Steven> on the emacspeak list send mail to
 Steven> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject of
 Steven> "unsubscribe" or "help"

--
Tim Cross