Re: Question about the the "-q" option used when launchingemacs+emacspeak

Mario -

I don't think it would be consistent with Debian policy:

     10.9. Environment variables

     A program must not depend on environment variables to get
     reasonable defaults.  (That's because these environment variables
     would have to be set in a system-wide configuration file like
     `/etc/profile', which is not supported by all shells.)

Besides, speech output already requires a lot of things to set up.
This would introduce yet another failure mode, for which the only
symptom is "no speech".

		- Jim Van Zandt