New user

Hello all,
I'm new to emacspeak although I have been subscribed to this list before.  Previously, I didn't get very far with emacspeak as I found the apollo to be very slow and I couldn't figure out how to increase the speech rate and w3 just would not work for me.  This time I'm deturmined to get it working to my satisfaction.

I am hoping to use Emacspeak for word processing, E mail, Web browsing and for basic file browsing.  I believe it has a nice feature for this.

I'm hoping to get it running with a software synth but after reading the INSTRUCTIONS file which came when I installed version 18 I am no closer to doing this.  I tried downloading the files from ftp://people.redhat.com/jlamb but when trying to get the .Tar file I got a message like the server timed out.  I tried downloading it in both windows and linux with the same result.  Can any one tell me where I can get this?

Even though I got really annoyed with it the last time I'm going to try again, Will W3 run in emacspeak now?  I don't remember all the errors I got while trying to install it last time but trust me, there were a lot.  I'll have a look around in a while for an updated version.
Actually, come to think of it, I don't think there will be any more updates to this, am I right?

I want to use VM for E mail.  Pine and Mutt seem very complicated to set up.  What would you suggest?

What will Emacspeak handle in terms of word processing presentations and web design?  I probably didn't ask that very well, are there any good editors for Emacspeak which can help me do these?

Any help will be very appreciated

Waiting in great anticipation!

Darragh

             www.digitaldarragh.com
Visit the site today.  Witness for your self
the abundance of free howtos and
introductions available to you from one
comprehensive source.