current TTS options for Fedora-core 1

An FAQ would be a good start. The next step would be to put together a
small team that took responsibility for creating and maintaining
speech servers. The reason I have not bothered  updating the Software
Dectalk support is that no more than  ahandful of users out there
bothered with even 4.61,
and it's just not worth the effort required to maintain multiple
speech servers for such a small user base. Under those the only thing
that works is if the person who wants it the most puts in the
effort. In this case, it's not me, since I already have my needs fully
met.

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    TVRaman
IRC:    irc://irc.gnu.org/emacspeak