difficulty with emacspeak and dectalk RT

Hi,

I am having difficulty getting emacspeak working with dectalk RT on a
Fedora Core 3 system. Dectalk RT works - I can use the "say" program
just fine. However, when I try to test the speech server, I get the
following error:

[galron@xxxxxxxxxxx ~]$ tcl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/dtk-soft
Calling tts startup.
tts startup returned 11
Error:
%s: TextToSpeechStartup failed,

    while executing
"load $tclTTS/tcldtk.so"
    (file "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/dtk-soft" line 305)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be going wrong?

Thanks,
Daniel