[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
addressing rmail through emacspeak
- To: Tim Cross <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: addressing rmail through emacspeak
- From: Kalyan Mukherjea <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 20:28:51 +0530
- Cc: abhishek bansal <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:from:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:message-id:date:to:cc:subject:in-reply-to:references:x-mailer; b=qrml4F8XIecpmwrW/LV3b5RLFCk7tIdFMlnpyVlaByat0Sh7r0kfyMZcGh6paV1q35glJ3sjQvdyYhyeFWQxCo5lsa2hp6khjnDDuQXc3cJ7/UxCKSGiZXl3p++Pum7NG85W8vxU1LsnGriA0Sd9z7fArSt+bZsY1flkiyQ5tKo=
- In-Reply-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-Post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Old-Return-Path: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com>
- Resent-Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 12:53:43 -0500 (EST)
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <vuwKjD.A._E.mAGFEB@mail>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
Fedora core 3, and I suppose RH , use /usr/sbin/sendmail as an MTA.
This is, I believe, a powerful, but low-level program. It is certainly
impossible to configure by hand. I had tried for 3 months to configure
smtpmail.el so that use googlemail as my mail server. It was a total
failure; there seem to be some issues concerning the TLS protocol and
gmail.con's requirement that cannot be resolved through lisp code in
the ~/.emacs file.
I was advised by an ex-student/colleague to try installing `msmtp' and
(setq sendmail-program "/usr/local/bin/msmtp")
and since then happiness abounds!
It is trivial to write a .msmtprc file and I will happily send a
sample to anybody who wants to have a look
PS: I have written to Abhishek about switching to VM rather than
sticking to RMail.
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
Emacspeak Files |
Unsubscribe | Search