IBM ViaVoice and Alsa

you will need to tweak the numbers in the dmix plugin settings --
warning, alsa documentation on that is sparse at best.

The reason things stopped working after the upgrade I suspect is
because newer versions of ALSA utils try to configure the dmix
plugin by default --- the asoundrc file I have is for the setup
where ALSA does not do this.

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Google: tv+raman