DELIVERY FAILURE: User whchan (whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx) not listed in DominoDirectory

Your message

  Subject: Emacspeak term mode errors

was not delivered to:

  whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx

because:

  User whchan (whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx) not listed in Domino Directory

Could not process part with Content-Type: message/delivery-status.

---- Begin included message ----

    Tim> The other area which I'd like some guideance on is the
    Tim> way term-emulate-terminal's defadvice is testing for
    Tim> certain conditions.  To my naive eye, it looks like the
    Tim> test is somewhat over engineered and we could simplify
    Tim> it a bit, but experience has tought me that usually it
    Tim> is me who is missing some subtlety regarding what is
    Tim> going on. As an example, the following test is performed
    Tim> to determine if the user has hit backspace
    Tim>
    Tim> ((and (= last-input-event 127) (= new-row
    Tim> emacspeak-eterm-row) (= -1 (- new-column
    Tim> emacspeak-eterm-column)) current-char) (....

The above is not over-engineered.
You can have the cursor move left when the user did not in fact
backspace, e.g. when you move the cursor left in vi.

In general there are two good regression tests to check things
with when playing with the advice on term-emulate-terminal:

A) VI
B) lynx -- especially its config options
    Tim> I'm thinking that if we assume the only way the new
    Tim> column would be one less than the previous column and we
    Tim> are on the same row, then the user entered a
    Tim> backspace. Therefore, we cold simplify things by doing
    Tim>
    Tim> ((and (= new-row emacspeak-eterm-row) (= -1 (-
    Tim> new-column emacspeak-eterm-column))) (....
    Tim>
    Tim> but maybe I'm missing some subtle issue, such as process
    Tim> line filtering etc. Obviously, I can work this out
    Tim> through trial and error, but why re-invent the wheel if
    Tim> it can be avoided.
    Tim>
    Tim> Tim

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx