[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: just a newbi problem, want to use festival, not flite with emacspeak
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: just a newbi problem, want to use festival, not flite with emacspeak
- From: "krishnakant Mane" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 00:30:56 +0530
- Cc: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=M7yLPk0jbFeT41jVkiRsPvkCpH8CVper9fxLmABHUtEBCvE7+LUGBEB9+9fvlprWJj/txWefuGpCV7feQrrZ2+P00ElBQI/5F9cp+X40B95KD5ULf6EVOc5jzSENdKCNmTvwRCl5RKSd/TfW2flqWDJOvR5tr2DAYK/JIbqGGq8=
- In-Reply-To: <m1GQ6YG-0004ElC@rattlesnake.com>
- List-Help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-Post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Old-Return-Path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org.HOWL> <m1GQ6YG-0004ElC@rattlesnake.com>
- Resent-Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 15:00:59 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <0zzLhC.A.7dF.r_YEFB@mail>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 20/09/06, Robert J. Chassell <email@example.com> wrote:
> If you want to use festival, your best bet is currently to do it via
> speech-dispatcher in my opinion.
why? will I not get speech output with emacspeak, espeakf and
> According to my notes, Festival works with `espeakf' and Festival
> Light, `flite', works with the `eflite' driver,
but I only want festival not festival lite.
actually I don't even know if there are good voices for festival or if
viavoice can be made to work on newer distros like ubuntu 6.06.
> When I run Emacspeak with `espeakf', a Festival process runs.
exactly that's why I am confused. if it rungs and gives the voice
output what is wrong with that? why should I try speech-dispatcher?
> When I run Emacspeak with `eflite', I do not see a `flite' process,
> just several `eflite' processes (and no Festival process).
> The description of how to get them running that is in the Info file
> seems to work fine.
if there are other things I must look for, please let me know.
and I have grabbed a few .deb packages from the ubuntu packages web site.
so going to try them,
else I will have to compile them myself.
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
Emacspeak Files |
Unsubscribe | Search