[Prev][Next][Index][Thread][Search]

Need to talk with a few emacspeak users

I am looking for a few email addresses of people who are using Emacspeak, preferably
people who are not scientists or programmers.

I have been talking with Franklin Shiner (shiner@xxxxxxxxxxx) who is blind
and is very computer-literate.  Franklin is not convinced that Emacspeak is an
appropriate technology for the average blind person who is not technically oriented
but who needs to use a computer at work.  He would like to correspond with other
people who are using Emacspeak, preferably non-technical people.

My role in this is as follows:
I read the Scientific American "Profile" about TV Raman and got interested in trying
out the Emacspeak program.  I am working on setting up an Emacspeak demo for Vermont
Center for Independent Living (VCIL) in Montpelier, VT.  So far, I have acquired a
486 computer (donated by my employer) and have installed Linux and Emacs.  I have
gotten it to connect with my internet account and I have email working.  I am in the
process of learning Emacs and will shortly be installing Emacspeak and W3.  VCIL has
a DECTALK Express that we can use to try it out.

Thanks,
  --Mark
--
Mark Newbold