[Prev][Next][Index][Thread][Search]

Running emacspeak remotely

Hi everyone,

I am using dtk-exp at home (local machine) and dtk-mv in my office
(remote machine). These voice synthesizers are also connected to
different ports (none of them to the default port defined in dtk-exp
or dtk-mv files). Now, consider, I log into my office machine from
home and run a very short script called `remote-emacspeak'. In this
script I set the environment variable DTK_TCL to the script
`remote-tcl'. The variable `remote' in this script is set to the home
machine (local). Then I run emacspeak (see bellow).

Now my questions:

1. Is there any way to pass the value of DTK_PORT and DTK_PROGRAM in
the local machine before lunching emacspeak in the `remote-emacspeak'
script? Can I set the value of DTK_PORT and DTK_PROGRAM in the
emacspeak command line in this script?  Everything works fine when I
change the default port in local dtk-exp file to the port which my
dectalk express at home is connected to.

2. Is it possible to turn on the auditory icons on remote machine and
hear the sounds on local machine?

Thanks,
Hadi

# remote-emacspeak
#!/bin/tcsh

setenv DTK_TCL "/usr/lib/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/remote-tcl"

emacs -q -l /usr/lib/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/emacspeak-setup.el -l $HOME/.emacs $*

unsetenv DTK_TCL