Professor and Chair
Department of Computer Science
124 Raymond Avenue
Poughkeepsie, New York 12604-0520
tel : (+1) 845 437 5988
fax : (+1) 845 437 7498
e-mail : email@example.com
Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Office: OLB 119 Campus ext.: 5988 Office Hours: T TH 1-2 and by appointment
Spring 2008 Course:
- Co-editor-in-Chief, Language Resources and Evaluation
- Founder and steering committee member (1987-1996), the Text Encoding Initiative (TEI)
- International Expert, Institut de Linguistique Francaise, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS)
- Member, International Standards Organization (ISO) TC37 SC 4 (Language Resources Standards)
- Convener, International Standards Organization (ISO) TC37 SC 4 WG 1 (Language Resource Management, Descriptors and Mechanisms for Language Resources)
- Co-organizer, First International Conference on Global Interoperability for Language Resources, Hong Kong, January 9-11, 2008.
- Co-director, EUROLAN 2007 Summer School: Sentiment, Opinion, and Semantics in Text , July 23-August 3, 2007, Iasi, Romania.
- Co-organizer, The Second Linguistic Annotation Workshop (LAW II), held in conjunction with LREC 2008, May 26-27, Marrakech, Morocco.
- Program Committee, 46th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, Columbus, Ohio June 15-20, 2008.
- Program Committee, International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media, March 31-April 2, 2008, Seattle, Washington.
- Program Committee, 9th International Conference on Intelligent Text Processing and Computational Linguistics (CICLing 2008), February 17-23, 2008, Haifa, Israel.
- Program Committee, Uses and usage of language resource-related standards, held in conjunction with LREC 2008, May 27, Marrakech, Morocco.